How to create glitter nail effects
Spring has sprung and has brought with it the gorgeous new glitter nail trend. With wedding and summer holiday season just around the corner, glitter nails are sure to be massively popular right across the age range and are no longer being viewed as ‘just for kids and teenagers’. In fact, subtle glitter nails can be worn for the office as well as for the nightclub without looking out of place.
Here’s a guide on how to achieve glamorous glitter effects for grown-ups!
Glitter accent nail
1. Prepare the nails in the usual way, and then apply a layer of clear base coat. Allow the base coat to cure.
2. Now apply two coats of your client’s chosen colour, curing each coat.
3. Choose a suitable glitter colour to provide the accent effect that you want to achieve. A popular choice with brides for the accent nail is the ring finger, but little fingers and thumbs work well too. Apply a layer of the glitter to the chosen accent nails and cure.
4. When you’ve finished, complete the application with a layer of high gloss gel top coat. Cure and then wipe away any excess with gel nail cleanser.
Glitter fade nails
1. Prepare the nails in the usual way, and then apply a layer of clear base coat and cure.
2. Next, apply one or two coats of the gel polish base colour of your client’s choice, curing both coats.
3. Choose gold or silver nail glitter and apply a small amount to the tips of alternate fingers. Use an orange stick or a nail art brush to carefully tease the glitter into place. Once you have achieved the desired effect, cure the nail polish.
4. Finish off the application with a layer of high gloss gel top coat, wiping away excess with gel nail cleanser and curing.
Glitter nails are set to become the ‘in thing’ this spring and summer for ladies of all ages. Handbags, shoes, and sandals are all emerging for the new season sporting glitter effects, and make-up is also getting in on the act. Adding glitter effect Chroma Gel nails is the perfect way to finish off the look!